We wanted to inform you of the upcoming changes to the NAGAAA rating questions to be adopted in 2022. Please review the bullet points below for these changes and NAGAAA’s site for the official upcoming changes.
- Changed the definition of Q3 to “Hit a fair ball with high velocity (20% threshold)”.
- Changed the definition of Q4 to “Hit a fair ball with high velocity (60% threshold)”.
- Changed the definition of Q5 to “Hit a fly ball over 300 feet (5% threshold)”.
- Changed the note next to Q5 to “Any player with a YES to Q3 is ineligible for the E Division. Any player with a YES to Q5 is ineligible for the D and E Divisions. See Governing Manual 20.35”.
- Changed the definition of Q11, replacing “3.75 seconds” to “4 seconds”.
- Changed the definition of Q12, replacing “3 seconds” to “3.5 seconds”.
- Changed the definition of Q13 to “From a stopped standing ready position, runs from home plate to first base, one base to the next, or third base to home plate (70 ft.) in less than 3 seconds”.
- For Q14, removed the words “Division &” from the definition and add to the end of the definition, “measured as follows: 1) Batter reaches first, runner goes from first to third or runner goes from second to home; 2) Batter reaches second, runner goes from first to home”.
We anticipate there will be a few questions or concerns as this may impact your current team rating and/or individual player rating. Players, please direct your questions to your coaches and managers. Coaches and managers, please direct your questions to your respective director of competition. Individuals who are not currently on a team or unsure who to contact for what, please contact our Director of Competition, Scott Fisher, at email@example.com.
For reference to the current player rating guidelines, please visit https://emeraldcitysoftball.org/governance/ and look under the 2021 NAGAAA Ratings Definitions.
Photo credits: SportsBall Photography